Alphabet Bible verses
Last Sunday in church we talked about remaining in Jesus as if your life depended on it. Because it does.
Read Scripture. A lot.
You can read it with your eyeballs, but you can also read it with your memory. Here’s an example of a four year old boy who has internalized some Scripture. You could do this too! Go for it!
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you (Matthew 7:7, Luke 11:9).
- Be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32).
- Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you (Psalm 55:22).
- Do not be anxious about anything (Philippians 4:6).
- Every good and perfect gift is from above (James 1:17).
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith (Ephesians 2:8).
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1).
- He alone is my rock and my salvation (Psalm 62:2).
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever (Hebrews 13:8).
- Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us (Psalm 100:3).
- Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5).
- My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him (Psalm 62:1).
- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1).
- O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you (Psalm 63:1).
- Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name (Psalm 103:1).
- A quiet spirit is of great worth in God’s sight. (1 Peter 3:4).
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (Philippians 4:4).
- Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne (Revelation 7:10).
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).
- Under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield (Psalm 91:4).
- Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life (John 6:47).
- We are more than conquerors through him who loved us (Romans 8:37).
- May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 6:14).
- You are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
- Zion hears and rejoices (Psalm 97:8).